The Espresso Martini recipe has become an absolute classic cocktail - especially for those on a proper night who might need a drink with a kick to get their party started or to keep going into the early hours.
In fact, that’s exactly how our favourite caffeine fuelled cocktail came to be. Dick Bradsell was working as a bartender at a place called Fred’s Club in London when as legend has it, a very popular supermodel came in and asked for a drink that would both “wake me up and f*ck me up” at the same time.
So, how to make an espresso martini?
The Espresso Martini recipe below is his response, with our own Very Strong Coffee twist - for a maximum charge we suggest using our high caffeine robusta beans to really get the party started.
We hope you enjoy...
How to make a great espresso martini?
What you’ll need:
- A Boston Shaker (or similar cocktail shaker)
- Ice cubes
- A Martini glass
- 50ml Vodka
- 50ml Tia Maria (or Kahlua)
- 50ml sugar syrup
- 100ml of iced Very Strong Coffee
Pro-tip: How to make Espresso Martini frothy?
The trick is to use a Boston shaker filled with ice and just the right amount of ingredients (see above), so that when you then filter and pour into a Martini glass, you get that beautiful layer of soft, foamy froth ready to be garnished with three coffee beans.
- Chill your Martini glass by filling it with iced water and letting it sit
- Measure 50ml of vodka and pour into your shaker
- Measure 50ml of Tia Maria (or Kahlua) and pour it in too
- Add 50ml of sugar syrup
- Pour in 100ml of iced Very Strong Coffee (see our post on how to make iced coffee) or espresso coffee if you have a coffee machine.
- Add around 10 ice cubes to the shaker
- Get shaking!
- Empty our now chilled Martini glass
- Pour and filter the finished cocktail into the glass
- Garnish with 3 Very Strong Coffee beans
And there you have it - the perfect espresso martini recipe. If you’re looking for something to kick start your Christmas party this year or as the first drink on an amazing night out, the espresso martini is the drink of choice. Especially true when it’s made with Very Strong Coffee, where the beans are roasted until they’re sweet and delicious and packed full of caffeine.
Why not try making one today?
Let us know how you get on in the comments or post your efforts to Instagram and tag us @verystrongcoffee to share.